Skip to content
- Cumberland is an independent, non-profit school for students with academic and social differences in grades 4-12 and post graduate.
- Students are children with high functioning Autism, Asperger’s, ADD, ADHD and other learning differences.
- Accreditation is with SACS CASI and GAC. Additionally, Cumberland holds a GISA, AAAIS, GAPSEC, AAC, and APAC Membership.
- All teachers are Special Education credentialed. Several teachers have advanced degrees and training
- All classes follow the Core Curriculum/Georgia Performance Standards with a low student to teacher ratio.
- Cumberland offers a dual enrollment program with Georgia Perimeter College as well as post graduate studies.
- Most of our students learn academics at grade level or above. Students below grade level are able to achieve the highest performance with our specialized curriculum.
- Social skills and life skills are an integral part of the curriculum.
- Students are encouraged to compete in varsity or junior varsity sports which include: Basketball, Cheerleading, Cross Country, Track and Volleyball.
- Other after school programs include: Chess Club, Screen Free Game Club, Tae Kwon Do, Bowling, Extended Day Program and Girl Talk, our socially based club for girls.
- Cumberland is SB10 and GOAL approved.
- Masters in Special Education Program Guide named Cumberland one of the top 50 schools for students with special needs in the United States.